Dr. Hoskins, OB/GYN, sees patients in St. Rose/HaysMed clinic
Timothy Hoskins, M.D., is glad he has returned to his roots and also is gratified he has found a home away from home.
Dr. Hoskins, a Hays native, recently joined the four-physician obstetrics/gynecology team at Hays Medical Center. He also has started an outreach clinic at St. Rose Health Center.
“I am from Hays and no one can compare to the people of Kansas,” Dr. Hoskins commented. “My wife is from St. Francis and we are happy to be back home.”
Prior to his move, Dr. Hoskins was in solo practice in Tucson, Ariz.
Dr. Hoskins is in the clinic at St. Rose the third Monday of the month. He rotates Mondays with his colleagues Dr. Joel Fort, Dr. Lee Hodny and Dr. Rebeka Weber.
“Being a member of this quality medical team is a privilege,” he said. “We have an exceptional group of physicians with years of experience.
“Our patients can have most of their doctors’ office visits here in Great Bend, while surgeries are performed at HaysMed,” he noted. “The convenience of office visits close to home is invaluable for our patients. Less windshield time means less stress and less expense.”
Procedures performed in Great Bend include pap tests and colposcopies; pre-operative and post-operative appointments also are scheduled for the Great Bend office.
Dr. Hoskins noted that he performs hysterectomies and C-sections, and other high-risk and low-risk procedures at HaysMed.
“One thing that sets us apart,” he commented, “is our ability to offer minimally invasive procedures using the da Vinci robot. No one else in the area can offer this option.”
Dr. Hoskins’ central Kansas patients live in Great Bend, La Crosse, St. John, Claflin, Larned, Hoisington and other area communities. He is seeing about 10-12 patients each time he is in town.
About 30 percent of his patients seek gynecologic care and treatment, including pap tests, contraceptives and colposcopies after abnormal pap results. The remaining 70 percent need obstetric care.
“I always encourage moms-to-be to seek quality prenatal care,” Dr. Hoskins said. “It is vital to a healthy pregnancy. Regular visits are so important because we want to detect a high-risk pregnancy as early as possible to ensure a good outcome. Early intervention is key.
“We also encourage patients to have the appropriate screenings for cancer and other diseases,” he added. “So many problems can be alleviated or overcome with the proper care.”
Dr. Hoskins earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine at Kansas City in 2002. He then completed his OB/GYN residency at the KU School of Medicine/Wesley in Wichita. He graduated from Fort Hays State University with a bachelor’s of science in 1996.
St. Rose specializes in primary care, prevention and wellness. Services include St. Rose Family Medicine, Convenient Care Walk-in Clinic, Great Bend Internists, imaging, infusion clinic, WellnessWorks, one-day surgical procedures, Golden Belt Home Health & Hospice and a comprehensive Specialty Clinic. St. Rose is co-owned by Hays Medical Center and Centura Health.